Rhino 8 for Windows and Mac - The world's most versatile 3D modeler
Rhino 8 is finally here!
With Rhino, you can create, edit, analyze, and translate NURBS curves, surfaces, and solids. Rhinoceros, also known as Rhino or Rhino3D, is a CAD modeling software package that enables you to accurately model your designs ready for rendering, animation, drafting, engineering, analysis, and manufacturing. Rhino is a free-form NURBS surface modeler.
* Rhino 8 School Kits are for educational use only. These are educational single-user licenses in high volume at a very special price.
Please note: Schools must have a Lab License or are purchasing a Lab License in order to purchase the Rhino 8 School Kits. You can purchase the Lab License here.
What are Rhino School Kits?
Rhino School Kit is a high-volume school purchase that consists of a set of educational single-user licenses at a special price:
- Rhino School Kit 100 includes 100 Educational single-user licenses
- Rhino School Kit 50 includes 50 Educational single-user licenses
- Any additional Educational single-user license (min quantity: 50)
1. Who is the owner of the Educational single-user licenses in a Rhino School Kit?
The school buys the Educational single-user licenses and sells these to the students, so the students that receive these licenses will be the owners and assume all rights, obligations, and benefits to use the software. More information about the Educational single-user license terms and conditions.
2. My school cannot reach the minimum required number of Educational single-user licenses, and therefore we cannot take advantage of this offer. What should we do?
You can order our educational products at the standard price. The educational single-user license is found in this listing (Student and Faculty - Full Seat).
3. Who can take advantage of this offer?
Only schools, colleges, and universities. Proof of educational institution is required. Individuals (educators and students) can order regular educational license anytime.
* Please Note: This listing is for the School License UPGRADE for Rhino 7 - 30 Seats for Windows and Mac. If you require a different version of Rhino, please visit here for all the options.
What is New with Rhino 8?
This latest version of Rhino brings new modeling tools like:
- A huge speed boost for Mac users
- SubD Creases
- PushPull workflows
- Better drafting tools
- A more customizable User Interface
- A faster Render engine
- New Grasshopper data types
- ...and much more!
Shipping (USA and Canada Region Only)
GoMeasure3D is an authorized distributor of Rhino products in USA and Canada. Please purchase this product if you reside in these regions only.
* Software is shipped electronically. Please allow up to 1 business day for your order to be processed. Once the software has been installed with the Product Key this product can no longer be returned.
Who Uses Rhino?
Rhino is the most versatile of all 3D modelers used in many industries including:
- Marine designers
- Landscape designers
Features New to Rhino 8
Here are the new features of Rhino 8. Available now with ShrinkWrap, SubD Creases, Mac Speed Boost, and more.
ShrinkWrap creates a watertight mesh around open or closed meshes, NURBS geometry, SubD, and point clouds: ideal for creating meshes for 3D printing.
ShrinkWrap is ideal for creating:
- Meshes for 3D printing
- A solid union mesh from multiple objects
- A solid mesh from 3D scan data fragments
- Meshes without internal self-intersections
- Offset meshes for shelling. Meshes from point clouds when reverse engineering
- Valid closed meshes from broken or often hard-to-repair geometry
2) Built For Mac
Rhino for Mac is faster than ever, running natively on both Apple Silicon and Intel Macs, using the Apple Metal display technology. Rhino 8 user interface on Mac is closer to its Windows counterpart.
Powered by Metal, our new display pipeline delivers hardware-accelerated graphics for high frame rates and large resolutions. Even in complex, detailed models—especially those with lots of lines, curves, hatches, and annotations—you can now pan, zoom, and orbit fluidly without dropping frames. Depending on your model, speed increases can be 24 times or more. The updated Cycles Render Engine is also built on Metal, speeding up the Raytraced display mode and the Rhino Render engine. Metal is supported in all display modes.
* To use Metal, Rhino requires an Intel or Apple Silicon Mac that can run macOS Monterey 12.4 or later.
Check out Rhino 8 Computer System Requirements →
3) SubD Creases
For designers who need to explore organic shapes quickly, SubD is a new geometry type that can create editable, highly accurate shapes. Unlike other geometry types, SubD combines free-form accuracy while still allowing quick editing. SubD Creases create a feature between a smooth and a sharp edge, without adding complexity to the SubD control net, great for making fillet-like features.
4) Modeling: Simplified
Rhino's model creation tools make it flexible, accurate, open, and very popular. Rhino 8 unlocks new modeling workflows—like PushPull—and adds intuitive new features to the Gumball, Automatic CPlanes, and more:
Auto CPlanes: Smarter CPlanes automatically align to eligible selections.
Gumball: The move, scale, and rotate widget gets new grips for extending and extruding.
PushPull: Grab a face and push or pull it, extruding or extending.
Inset: New Options and support for Surfaces and Polysurface Faces.
5) Clipping and Sectioning
Rhino 8 introduces a number of clipping and sectioning enhancements to help support various drafting and fabrication workflows.
Section Styles: Use Section Styles to create section details of your model.
Selective Clipping: Selective clipping and viewing depth.
Dynamic Vector Drawings: Create dynamic vector drawings of clipping sections.
Clipped Views: Use Clipping Planes Views in 2D Layouts.
Sectioning for Fabrication: Extract section curves and slices for fabrication.
In Rhino 8, we’ve updated the Cycles Render engine, smoothed out the UV Workflow, improved our procedural textures, added a display mode, and more.
Rendering: Rhino quickly creates beautiful images for your presentations. Whether you are an architect, designer, engineer, or artist, Rendering in Rhino brings your models to life. With its extensive library of materials, advanced lighting, and camera controls, Rhino Render helps you present your creative vision, getting “buy-in” from clients, customers, collaborators, or the public at large. Rhino Render works as a real-time raytraced display mode, so you get fast feedback on your material, texture, and lighting choices. For “final” renders, work in a dedicated rendering window with access to post effects like fog, glare, and depth-of-field.
Improved Rendering UI: In Rhino 8, we’ve made the User Interface for Rendering, Materials, Textures, and Environments more compact, efficient, and interactive.
7) Grasshopper: Object Attributes
Have you ever wanted to bake geometry with custom attributes? Do you find the need to add metadata to your final design as it goes to production? Now you can with Grasshopper’s new drafting, display, rendering, layers, and visibility components.
8) Bug Fixes
Rhino 8 fixed hundreds of bugs, but also added new Linetypes, improved Mesh Booleans, enhanced our surface editing tools, and more.
1) Is Rhino 8 Mac compatible?
Yes, Rhino 8 is Mac compatible. In this version, Rhino for Mac is now faster than ever on Intel and Apple Silicon Macs. Powered by Metal, the new display pipeline delivers hardware-accelerated graphics for high frame rates and large resolutions.
Even in complex, detailed models—especially those with lots of lines, curves, hatches, and annotations—you can now pan, zoom, and orbit fluidly without dropping frames. Depending on your model, speed increases can be 24 times or more. The updated Cycles Render Engine is also built on Metal, speeding up the Raytraced display mode and the Rhino Render engine. Metal is supported in all display modes.
2) Is there one version of Rhino 8 for both Windows and Mac users?
Yes, that is correct. This latest version, Rhino 8, is compatible for both Mac and Windows users.
- Computer requirements for Rhino 8: document
- Supported file formats for Rhino 8: document
Check out the Rhino forum here.