Veesus Point Clouds for SOLIDWORKS (Plug-in)
Regular price $ 2,045.00
Unit price per
Plug-in for SOLIDWORKS that empowers you to edit massive point cloud data natively in SOLIDWORKS CAD modeling software
Veesus Point Clouds for SOLIDWORKS plug-in brings the power of the Veesus XStream Engine to Dassault Systems’ SOLIDWORKS software. The plug-in provides high-speed visualization for importing and editing enormous point clouds of any size inside the native SOLIDWORKS environment.
Once the point cloud has been loaded into the SOLIDWORKS environment, the plug-in also offers powerful point cloud manipulation tools including slicing, clipping, smoothing, lighting, magnification, color ramp, and export.
Whether you are an engineer, surveyor, site manager, or end user, Veesus Point Cloud for SOLIDWORKS gives you powerful point cloud manipulation capabilities for fast editing, visualization, and content creation.
What's New with Veesus
A Veesus software license now includes the following licenses:
- Point Clouds for Rhino
- Point Clouds for SOLIDWORKS
- Point Clouds for Revit
Slice, clip, copy, delete, smooth, and light your point cloud data effortlessly, without the need for additional tools. Reduce the need for rework and site visits with powerful clash detection features.
- Unlimited Point Clouds: A powerful point cloud engine allows you to work in real-time on all data sets without constraint or compromise.
- Slice: Extract geometric features such as 2D lines, arcs, and circles.
- Clip: Select, duplicate or hide areas of point cloud data.
- Shader: Highlight subtle features with a programmable shader.
- Instantly access and use point clouds saved to the Zappcha Cloud to work on projects anywhere, anytime.
- Massive Point Clouds
- Stream Points Clouds from remote Veesus Point Server
- Slice through Point Clouds
- Generate Slice from SOLIDWORKS Plane
- Generate SOLIDWORKS Plane from Slice
- Draw Points, Lines, and Polylines straight onto the Point Cloud data
- Align, move and rotate Point Clouds
- Adjust brightness & contrast of Point Clouds
- Apply dynamic lighting to Point Clouds
- Apply transparency to Point Clouds
- Apply programmable "relief" shader to Point Clouds
- Clip and hide selections of Point Clouds
- Copy selections
- Delete selections
- Create plane through selections
- Create CSV report of point distances from a plane
- Clash Detection
Why Buy Veesus Point Clouds for SOLIDWORKS?
Powerful: The only SOLIDWORKS plug-in to provide XStreamEngine power.
- Work with large point cloud data: Import and work with point clouds of massive size with no issues without needing to invest in specialist equipment. Save time by working with point clouds directly in the SOLIDWORKS environment – no more time-consuming workarounds to use your scan data.
- Constantly updated with improvements: Working with customers to constantly improve the product.
- Proven: Based on years of experience and proven technology.
- Easy to Use: Simple user interface, with powerful features.
Veesus Point Clouds for SolidWorks integrates with Zappcha, the new cloud storage and mobile capture solution for point clouds. SolidWorks users can load point cloud files directly from their Zappcha Cloud account, giving them instant access to point cloud data saved to the cloud – including point clouds captured on the latest Apple mobile devices.
Zappcha allows mobile phone and tablet (currently iphone 12 pro and up, iPad Pro) LIDAR scanning using the free Zappcha software.
- European Active Projects Ltd: Overcoming the disconnect between 3D scanning and CAD with Point Clouds for SOLIDWORKS
A close-up of the proposed buildings in situ alongside as-built data from the point cloud.
What Is Veesus XStreamEngine?
The heart of Veesus’ software is the XStreamEngine, which enables Veesus to display and edit massive point clouds on standard PC hardware. This engine powers all Veesus software.
- Veesus Points Clouds for SOLIDWORKS is currently available for SOLIDWORKS 2020 and SOLIDWORKS 2021.
- OS - Microsoft Windows (64 bit)
- CPU – 2.0GHZ Dual Core
- GPU – 1GB, OpenGL 2.0 Compliant
- RAM – 2GB HDD – 100MB (for installation)
- For best performance, we recommend a quad-core processor, 8GB RAM an nVidia/AMD GPU, and an SSD disk drive.
- Note: It is important to ensure you have the latest up-to-date graphics card drivers installed, and that in a dual GPU configuration (typically laptops) that the more powerful, non-integrated, GPU is used.
- Educational prices are available upon request. Please contact us for pricing.
- Evidence of academic affiliation, Student Card, Employment certificate, or similar is required. Educational license is not for commercial use.