Rhino 7 for Windows and Mac (School License - 30 Lab Seats) - The world's most versatile 3D modeler
With Rhino, you can create, edit, analyze, and translate NURBS curves, surfaces, and solids. Rhinoceros, also known as Rhino or Rhino3D, is a CAD modeling software package that enables you to accurately model your designs ready for rendering, animation, drafting, engineering, analysis, and manufacturing. Rhino is a free-form NURBS surface modeler.
* Please Note: This listing is for the School License for Rhino 7 - 30 Seats for Windows and Mac. If you require a different version of Rhino, please visit here for all the options.
Shipping (USA and Canada Region Only)
GoMeasure3D is an authorized distributor of Rhino products in USA and Canada. Please purchase this product if you reside in these regions only.
* Software is shipped electronically. Please allow up to 1 business day for your order to be processed. Once the software has been installed with the Product Key this product can no longer be returned.
- This is full-featured commercial software at a discount specifically for students, faculty (teachers, instructors, and professors), staff, and schools only (proof of status required).
- Not transferable (cannot be sold, shared, used by, or transferred to another user).
Unlike other software companies, we provide commercial versions of our products to students, faculty, and schools at a substantial discount. Details include:
- The same features as the commercial version.
- No watermark or other limitation.
- Does not expire.
- No additional maintenance or support fees.
- Can be used for commercial activities.
- Upgradeable at educational prices if the owner still qualifies for educational prices.
- Upgradeable at commercial prices if the owner no longer qualifies for educational prices.
30 Lab Seats
- A 30-user license to use Rhino on the computers in a single classroom or lab (one room). A network is not needed.
- Or, a 30-user floating network license. A network server and the Zoo or internet access to the Cloud Zoo is required.
- For educational institutions only (proof of status required).
Rhino 7 is finally here! This version is considered the most significant upgrade in the history of the 3D CAD modeling software. Create organic shapes with the new SubD (Sub-Divisional Surface Objects) With Rhino.Inside.Revit, you can finally run Rhino and Grasshopper inside the Autodesk Revit® environment. Develop a beautiful quad mesh from NURBS geometry or meshes using the robust QuadRemesh algorithm. There are completely new modeling workflows and refined features to take your design as you always imagined it—if not better!
Organic Modeling Just Got More Flexible, Accurate, and Better
SubD is a new geometry type that can create editable, highly accurate shapes and open up many new workflows. Designers can now explore and create organic shapes more quickly. Unlike other geometry types, SubD combines free-form accuracy while still allowing for quick editing. Push and pull to explore complex, free-form shapes in real-time. SubD objects are highly accurate and can be converted directly to manufacturable solids. You can also convert scan or mesh data into SubD objects, then optionally to NURBS.
SubD Tutorials →
Bringing Rhino Features and Capabilities to Autodesk Revit®
[Available for Windows only]
Rhino.Inside.Revit is an add-on for Autodesk Revit® that allows Rhino 7 to be loaded into the memory of Revit just like other Revit add-ons. It’s based on Rhino.Inside®, a new technology that allows Rhino and Grasshopper to run inside other 64-bit Windows applications such as Revit®, AutoCAD®, etc. Rhino.Inside.Revit provides a platform for an unprecedented level of integration between Rhino and Revit. It brings a set of tools for bridging the gap between Rhino’s free-form modeling and the world of BIM, opening Grasshopper’s rich ecosystem to the Revit environment, and enabling completely new design workflows and possibilities.
Learn More →
Get Cleaner, More Manageable Models
The QuadRemesh command quickly creates a quad mesh with optimized topology from existing surfaces, meshes, or SubDs. It uses a unique algorithm to generate manageable polygon meshes, ideal for rendering, animation, CFD, FEA, and reverse engineering.
Before: Typical scans of anatomical models result in massive, unwieldy meshes. Triangulation over scanned data results in many unneeded faces and an unorganized layout.
After: With QuadRemesh, achieve an optimal face layout, ready to be converted to SubD and NURBS. You can now easily achieve models without self-intersection.
Watch Video →
Rhino 7 Improvements Showoff Your Best Work
Rhino Render engine: A major update has been done so the same look you get in your Raytraced viewport can be rendered without any changes
PBR Materials: Physically Based Rendering Materials correspond much better with a physical material’s characteristics to give your design a more realistic look compared to Rhino 6.
Denoisers: Produce beautiful renderings in a fraction of the time using Denoisers in Rhino 7.
LayerBook: Move through the layers of a model sequentially, just like turning the pages of a book. Use it for short demonstrations, interactive tutorials, or to explore alternatives.
Balancing Speed and Beauty to Display Models Fast The Way You Want Them
Rhino’s display pipeline is fast and uses modern graphics hardware features, like GPU sensitive shaders and memory optimizations. This results in fewer GPU-specific display glitches and more consistent, beautiful, and frequent frames, even with large models. Features include extremely fast 3D graphics, unlimited viewports, shaded, working views, perspective working views, named views, floating views, full-screen display, draw order support, two‑point perspective, clipping planes, and one-to-one scale to view models at full size.
6) Grasshopper Updates
Include new components and easier to turn your programs into plugins
Grasshopper graphical algorithm editor continues to be tightly integrated with Rhino's 3D modeling tools and has become a robust development platform.
GrasshopperPlayer: Turn your Grasshopper definitions into Rhino commands. Load and execute a grasshopper definition (*.gh, *.ghx) without showing the Grasshopper window.
Clash Detection: Searches and finds the intersection points of objects that touch each other. Clash allows you to quickly detect and eliminate collisions in complex models, particularly useful in architecture, engineering, and construction.
Component Placeholders: Locate where missing components belong in the definition and keep their connections.
7) Bug Fixes and Refinements
Bug fixes and workflow improvements streamline 3D CAD modeling workflow
Named Selections: For anyone who has a need to repeatedly select objects and sub-objects, this feature is a productivity enhancement that makes recalling selections simple.
Mold Making Tools: Determine parting lines using Draft Angle Analysis’ graphic feedback. Use RibbonOffset to create your mold splits and parting surfaces, then refine your surface with Rhino’s improved Blend commands.
Single Line Fonts: Unlike the standard double-line fonts, Single-LIne Fonts takes about half of the time to engrave with CNC routers or laser-engravers.
1) Is there one version of Rhino 7 for both Windows and Mac users?
Yes, that is correct. This latest version, Rhino 7, is compatible for both Mac and Windows users.
- Computer requirements for Rhino 7: document
- Supported file formats for Rhino 7: document
- For more information, please visit Rhino Software product page.